HAVE AN IDEA? NEED HELP EXECUTING?
APPLY FOR AN INNOVATION GRANT BELOW:
In April 2017, CMG President Kim Guthrie talked about "10-yard passes" when it comes to innovation and how she'd like to move the company forward.
When you think about it, it makes perfect sense:
- A team usually doesn't score a touchdown running straight up the middle. It's more likely to end up with 2 or 3 yards.
- Going for a Hail Mary is just that -- a long pass with only a prayer's chance of being completed.
The 10-yard pass, on the other hand, is just right: moderate risk and moderate to high reward (especially if you recall Jerry Rice and the San Francisco 49ers of the 80s and 90s.)
Enough of the sports metaphors.
We've got something new, compelling, and available to you and your team: The CMG Innovation Fund. It's a new source of innovation dollars made available to support the best, most business-worthy ideas to come from around the company.
If you are selected, your team will receive from $5,000 to $50,000 and assistance from the Innovation Team to help turn it into a reality, or at least a working prototype.
First, though, there are hoops to jump through:
1. You must apply (see application form on this page). Also, your application needs to really be an idea, not a vague topic. It should show some forethought, research into the competitive landscape and a fairly obvious reason why CMG might be able to win, or come in a healthy second, in the space.
2. At the current time, we are particularly interested in ideas that revolve around XXXXX, YYYY and ZZZZZ.
3. You can apply any time, so long as your supervisor approves.
4. Applications are reviewed once a month. It's likely that the best proposals will receive LOTS of followup questions from the CMG Innovation Board.
5. Winners will be notified right away.
So that's it in a nut shell. We believe innovation should be open to the masses, not just the creative types with black turtlenecks and wire-rim glasses.
If you've got a solid proposal, reach out! Be famous! Help keep CMG on the cutting edge.
Cox Media Group
WHAT'S YOUR BIG IDEA? LET US KNOW!
INNOVATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
AREAS we're interested in EXPLORING:
- Digital content optimization
- Online video
- Longform storytelling